BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

In withdrawal

I am in withdrawal. Less than 24 hours ago, I had to take my faithful old Wilma (my sewing machine) in for much-needed cleaning and servicing, and I'm not handling the separation well. It's funny, since I haven't been able to use Wilma for a week or two, but not having her here is making me nervous. My sister offered to let me use her sewing machine (my mom's is having issues and will be going in when Wilma gets home), but it's just not quite the same.

Of course, in the absence of my machine, I have been making progress in ironing/pressing and cutting more pieces for the projects I already have in progress. Seeing as how one of them has a deadline in a few months, it's about time I got the sewn strips cut. In an attempt to channel this domesticity, I have already invited friends over to dinner tonight and made both chocolate chip cookies and seven layer dip. I will start on enchiladas in a couple hours, but in the meantime, I'm trying to deal with too much nervous energy. I guess it's a good thing the sun is shining and the snow is melting. I think I need to go run around the block!

0 comments: